Learning to Say Yes

Last year I chose a word.

My word was "trust" - and I was going to live by it.

That five-letter-word took me on a crazy journey of learning to be open to change, open to accepting that I can't see the "why" of everything.

So, this January I chose another word.  A small word.  A hard word.....

Yes.

And so here I am, not even mid-year - struggling to really grasp the depth of that word.

Yes to whatever God asks - however hard, crazy, or out of my comfort zone it may seem.

I want to live this dare.  I want to own it.

But here I am - rushing, rushing, rushing........never remembering to stop and slow and just begin again.

I need to start each day with a new perspective - His perspective - because mine doesn't work so well.

That horrendous Friday, long, long ago?

God's kingdom is an upside-down kingdom.  That day - He took it and crafted something beautiful from it.

Now we call it a good Friday.

Because this is our God - He makes beauty out of brokenness, wonders with the wrecked, marvelous things with the messed-up.

I'm not sure what He sees in me, but I know He chose me in my darkest - "I will do something with this one."  As long as I breath I have a heaven-inspired purpose - which nothing and no one can ever take from me.

And so, I am learning - slowly, so slowly - to see His purposes in every day.  To see the sacrifice that He wishes me to make in following Him every day - and boldly say yes, no matter what it is.

Yes, it's a bit crazy.

But there's nothing else I'd rather do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When You Wonder If You're Qualified

"No Mere Mortals".....Musings from Nationals

He Asks For Who We Are: (how what you have is enough to give, and why)