Thoughts Posed by Tomatoes

In our backyard there are a sizable number of tomato plants.  We have several different varieties, thus several colors as well.  Jumbled together in the bottom of my metal bowl, it was like a myriad of colors shouting together the joy of this season.  The winds are changing.....

And for the better.  Each day I am closer to fitting the puzzle pieces of my life together - and I'm beginning to see these things around me as God's preparation.  So excited with the possibilities he has set before me!  I've got one more year still left for quizzing, and the chance to work in that area perhaps afterword.  I was asked to consider going back to Canada as a counselor next year.  I'm beginning to develop friendships with some of the kids that I meet at the library.  Really, I'm amazed with all that He's put in front of me.

Tomatoes, harvest beginnings, lower temps - they're all pointing to a change of seasons.  A season of joy, provision, abundance, thanksgiving - and it's a wonderful thing.  Like the word "free" that I scrawl across my wrist each morning, this is new life blooming on old vines and there is liberation to be found here.

It's like it says in John 12 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."  Every day we are getting to decide if we'll live like we're dead and gone - and come back.  There isn't a single thing we give Him that He can't raise back up.  Our time, our resources, our hearts, our lives.

That's what tomatoes taught me today. :)

Comments

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog, Amanda. What lovely musings! Excited for all that God is doing in and through your life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When You Wonder If You're Qualified

He Asks For Who We Are: (how what you have is enough to give, and why)

"No Mere Mortals".....Musings from Nationals