Restlessness and Where We Find Ourselves

I've been thinking a lot lately about the topic of rest.

Physical rest just isn't something I normally get much of right now, and that's okay - for multiple reasons.

Being pushed beyond what you believe to be capable of flings the door wide open for the Spirit of God to take over.

Because Peace is a Person.  Not a circumstance.  Rest is found in the same Person.  Not in how much or how little sleep I get.

I had no idea how the Holy Spirit can take over even physical needs until this summer.

My soul often finds itself restless.  Anxious.  Running way too fast on way too little.

I think often of how Jesus Himself "withdrew to a desolate place".

He knew what satisfied His soul and He sought it - God Himself.

His presence.  His peace.

Rest for the restless.

Paul speaks of the peace which can rule in our hearts as "surpassing understanding".

Even as we uproot and wander across the vast expanse of the world and of our souls - we find ourselves grounded in His goodness still.

"I would not have told you to seek Me if I could not be found," He says in Isaiah.

So in our soul-sojourning, we continue to follow after the God Who Can Be Found.

He has called us to rest.

He has called us to Himself.

Our hearts and their troubles do not scare Him.  He sees more of our souls than we ever could.

I do not believe God's rest coexisting with our restlessness is a conflicting matter.

He who is Strength holds us - the Weak.

Our dependence on God is not a humiliation, but a great necessity.  An honor, I would dare say.

I cannot be or do all the things.  I cannot hold everyone and everything together.

But I can hand them over to the One who can, and then He'll use me to do things and take care of people as they should be.

Your will, done Your way.

God's rest, God's pace.

His provision.  His guidance.  His purposes.

His way.

No more striving to be fiercely independent, folks.

Will you join me on a dare to live dependent?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When You Wonder If You're Qualified

"No Mere Mortals".....Musings from Nationals

He Asks For Who We Are: (how what you have is enough to give, and why)